John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag dishwasher - model W10641736A. It is just

Customer Question

I have a Maytag dishwasher - model W10641736A. It is just over 2 years old. I can't get it to start a cycle. I get a code E2 or F2. Can you tell me what is wrong?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I got it in the summer of 2014. On the inside top of the door the number is ***** A but on the installation instruction booklet it says W10649077A
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, just what the code means and if it's possible for me to fix it myself
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

None of the numbers that you have given are the model number!

The one model /serial tag is on the tank face frame normally on the right hand side of the tank .

And will normally start like MDB????????