Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I HAVE a 2013 manufactured Kenmor ULTRa wash model#

Customer Question

I HAVE a 2013 manufactured Kenmor ULTRa wash model# ***** that intermittently runs through entire cycles, but most often stalls in the middle of a cycle. Do you think it needs a new control module or what?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a 3-4 year old Kenmore. Ultra Wash model 665.13269K114
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yup
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It works fine intermittently, but not frequently
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I need a bit more information.

when the unit stalls will it eventually start back up again?

And when it stalls do you still have any lights on the console?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When it stalls, it does not start back up againThe selected cycle lights remain on.When it does occasionally do a complete cycle, the complete light is lighted
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Woody, How long should I expect to wait for a response once I answer your questions?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My initial question was, given that the functionality is intermittent (more often it doesn't work :(, do you think it might just need a new control module??

I work from My office at the college so I`m not on the site full time during the day.

If the lights stay on and it does not thing then how do you go about to get it to start once again?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I push the Cancel/drain control button and once that process is complete I select the desired cycle and options and then push the Start button.

Ok so you have to cancel that stalled cycle to get it to run /start a new cycle .which means the issue is in the electronic control board software.

Which means the control board inside the door will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Board/W10595569/3023123?rcaid=1000070

Your unit is manufactured by Whirlpool that is why it comes up as a Whirlpool part number.

If you have any questions just reply back to me .