Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My fridge is having water leaking into the refrigerator I

Customer Question
think from the freezer JA: What's...
my fridge is having water leaking into the refrigerator I think from the freezer
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Model # ER2CHMXPB04 maybe 6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: that depends on if you tell me what to try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: water seems to also collect in freezer compartment in the center and freezes
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2017
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided.
Thanks

This is a very common problem.

The problem is the defrost drain that diverts water down into a collector pan in the bottom of the refrigerator is clogged up and now the water has frozen in the tube.

You need to get the freezer thawed out and then clear the drain tube,

You can use a turkey baster with hot water to shoot water down the tube once you get the drain hole exposed, or the best way to do it is with a hand held steamer like on of these

click here

it will make fast work of clearing the drain and you would not have to shut the refrigerator off to clean the drain.

Here is a "general video" showing you the situation, your refrigerator will be a little different, but you will get the idea of what you need to do.

click here for video

There are many other to watch also.

If there is anything else I can help you with today or just an additional question about your issue, just let me know.

I thought I would add, that many people think the deposit payment they placed at the sign-up is sent to me after I answer your questions. It is not. It is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then Just Answer, credits me for the time working with you.
Answering your questions is how I make my living and "No rating" = No compensation for my time.
I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to "Accept" my answer and rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen, so I can close your question and proceed to help others that are waiting.
Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required
Thank you so very much again for allowing me to help you out today!
Don

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician