Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My icemaker quit working, I replaced it with a new one but

Customer Question

My icemaker quit working, I replaced it with a new one but it still doesn't work .the cold water dispenser still operates.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2yrs old GE CFCP1KRBD SS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: IF POSSIBLE
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc;

Thank you for your patience.

On the back of the refrigerator there is a valve your home water supply connects to its called the water inlet valve, well that valve has two separate solenoids on it one for the ice maker and one for the water dispenser. The solenoid for the ice maker has failed so the entire valve will need to be replaced, the water dispenser can still operate just fine even thought the ice maker side has failed. The valve is listed below:

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve Assembly

Part #: WR57X10032 - click here

The video below is not your model refrigerator but its the same valve and the same replacement procedure, so it will show you how to replace the valve in case you need instructions:

click here for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Tips are not expected but are very much appreciated.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?