Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My lid lock light continues blinking. So therefore I cannot

Customer Question
have the washer start or...
My lid lock light continues blinking. So therefore I cannot have the washer start or do anything even though the lid is not locked. I unplugged the washer and waited 10 sec then plugged it back in while holding the start/pause button for 5sec to try and reset it. That didn't work. Is there another way to trouble shoot without buying unnecessary items?? I don't believe my machine is capable of running a diagnostic test either?? Any help is greatly appreciated
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Pearl did u happen to receive my last question??
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Trying to, hoping it's an easy bypass step unless it's a real problem then no I won't be trying to re-wire anything or stuff like that
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No ma'am
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
1/8/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

If it sits for 10 minutes the lid lock light should go out does it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it's been blinking all night

Ok unplug the unit for 15 minutes and plug it back in and see if the blinking stops within 4 min.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, it's been unplugged for about 30 minutes. Just plugged it back in
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If this doesn't work, what do u think is the next step??

Try that and let me know, if it does not clear still you may need to unplug the lid lock cable from the board and plug it in and see.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ya still blinking

OK remove the console to get at the control board and unplug the lid lock cable on it. There is a good chance you have a bad control board at this point.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is behind the machine....???

That is in the console the main board is in the console there is a panel that comes off the back of the console to get at it.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician