John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have Bosch SHX46 L05 dishwasher. It can't get past the

Customer Question

Hi, I have Bosch SHX46 L05 dishwasher. It can't get past the first drain cycle. The sump pump keeps running even if door is open. Water level is down to the sump. Drained and attempted a reset, power cycle, etc. with no change. Did power on with two buttons pushed receive codes C4 and P0. Is it the level sensor? if so, where is it located?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model SHX46-L 05UC FD # 8602 about 12 years old. Has worked flawlessly until now.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Undecided or yes, depends if it is beyond my skill or tool level. If it is a sticky level sensor, maybe i can clean it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that i can think of. I have already drained the sump and flush fresh water through the outlet to the sink. So not sure what to do next. Knowing what the codes mean could help.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is no water in the lower pan or on floor. Sump pump empties the washer into drain normally. Just never shuts off. It stays on whether the door is open or closed. Stops when the on/off switch is turned off.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Have you checked the flood basin for water under the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What is happening?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Waiting for a response. Have not been able to find a tickler button.

Have you checked for water in the flood basin under the unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is totally dry. I sent this answer on Sunday as well.

OK is the flood float down? That is the float under the unit.