Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My may tag dishwasher fills then stops, Mod MDB4709PAM0 type

Customer Question

My may tag dishwasher fills then stops
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Mod MDB4709PAM0 type 575-2, pushed her sorry, pushed heated dry 5 times & then start
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, just trying to get it to drain & then call repairman
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc;

Thank you for your patience.

First kill power to the unit at the breaker for 5 minutes restore power and push the cancel cycle or stop button on the control panel, if it fails to drain, you can try putting into service test mode and see if it will drain then if not the pump is out that the technician that comes out will have to just drain it with a wet vac and make the repair. Below is the instructions for entering the test mode:

Turn the dishwasher off.Pick 3 buttons on the control panel then Press them in the following sequence:

1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3

Each button must be pushed within 1 second, afterwards all the lights on the control panel will light up then the clean light will begin to flash.
The flashing sequence will give you the error code. It does this by flashing in two stages.

It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again.

If you want me to tell you what error code is coming up I will need to know the values of X and Y, thanks.

otherwise once you enter the diagnostics the unit will start running a cycle test and if it does not drain then the pump or main control has failed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.