Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Gas range model gs465lels Displays LOC oven won't operate.

Customer Question

gas range model gs465lels Displays LOC oven won't operate. oven light is on even though door is closed. First noticed the problem when light was on tho door closed then door wouldn,t open. I got door open manually, but range won't operate
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: gs465lels as stated above. got it with new house so don't know how old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: don't know as unable to diagnose. pls tell me what "LOC" indicates on the display area
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: you are a bot aren't you Pearl?
JA: I'm an assistant to the Appliance Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: but you are not reading my words
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately your control lock is just engaged. To remove the control lock you should need to just press and hold the START button for 5 seconds. If that doesn't work, unplug the oven for 5 minutes and then try again. If it still won't unlock, then your display control board has failed and would need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
basically your technical help is "your stove is broke" . Good to know. Thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

I'm not sure what you mean... I told you how to reset it and if it doesn't reset I told you what part you'd need to order and replace---what more can you expect me to do?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?