Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

5d code showing again gets all the way to 12 minutes left

Customer Question

5d code showing again gets all the way to 12 minutes left and then nothing. I turned the washer off for 15 minutes and then turned it on it says 12 minutes but nothing is happening help !!!!!!
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Maytag bravo quiet series 300
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maytag bravo quiet series 300
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My husband even put in a new pump and it is still doing the same thing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The error can be caused by a drain pump, but many times that is not the issue. First take the drain hose from the pump to the drain off and examine it for blockage make sure its clear. Also make sure that the water is draining fast enough down the drain on your home if you drain is clogged and causing the washer to not be able to drain fast enough that will cause that error also. If all that checks out, then you may be using to much detergent or not HE detergent and it has built up suds in the washer that is causing the error. If there are too many suds in the washer the washer will automatically extend the rinse time to remove the excess suds. Try running a hot water cycle by itself with no detergent or clothes, you may have to run two or three cycles to clean it out, if that does not work do it again this time adding a few cups of vinegar to the tub before starting the cycle and that should clear out any left over detergent build up.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nope!!! It's not spinning