John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an emergency. I started my oven to bake and I smelled

Customer Question

I have an emergency. I started my oven to bake and I smelled the potatoe burning. The message on my window says F1-1. It is extremely hot and I am afraid it will blow up
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: itmis a jenn wire gas convection range. Will have to go get paperwork for model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: would rather have a technician here asap
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is EXTEMELY HOT IN HERE. HELP!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 8 months ago.

Turn the breaker off to your range.

Also, turn the gas off to the range if you are able to. It would need to be slid out if you are able.

F1-1 means is an indicator that your range got too hot. Once you turn the breaker off, it should cool down. You will need to contact a technician to come out at some point and address the reason why it overheated in the first place.