ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  35+ Yrs Experience - 40,000+ 'Real World' Repairs
20893398

My drain hose is clogged on my lg tromm, Eh maybe 5 years.

Customer Question

My drain hose is clogged on my lg tromm
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Eh maybe 5 years. Not sure it came with my home. It says WM2077CW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. It's just flashed and beeps OE mid rinse cycle. I have cleared the front pump filter as well as the screen for the cold water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided.
Thanks

If you have tried to clean out the obstruction from the front, the only option you have is to take the front off the machine and get direct access to the pump.

If this is something you want to try, I can see if I can locate some tech info to guide you?

It looks like you are offline, so I am just going to set up this link to show how you haw to take your washer apart. The pump is just behind the filter you were trying to clean. Once you get it apart, you can remove the pump and get at whatever is in three blocking it.

click here for video

If there is anything else I can help you with today or just an additional question about your issue, just let me know.

I thought I would add, that many people think the deposit payment they placed at the sign-up is sent to me after I answer your questions. It is not. It is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then Just Answer, credits me for the time working with you.
Answering your questions is how I make my living and "No rating" = No compensation for my time.
I am sure you appreciate my efforts on your behalf,and all I ask it that you take a few moments to "Accept" my answer and rate my efforts with 3-5 Stars on your screen, so I can close your question and proceed to help others that are waiting.
Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required
Thank you so very much again for allowing me to help you out today!
Don