Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My kitchenaid refrigerator kbfs25ewms2 has a bad odor that i

Customer Question

my kitchenaid refrigerator kbfs25ewms2 has a bad odor that i can't seem to get rid of. is there a air filter that can be replaced?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: purchased in 2011 and model number kbfs25ewms2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: where do i find the filter to replace?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

There is not an air filter on that model. Normally if you stick a box of arm and hammer baking soda it will get the smell out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today, I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the help however it did not solve my problem. Disappointed, but not in you. Have baking soda in the fridge w/o helping the situation

well sorry about that, but ya there are no air filters in that model, some units do have them but not that one. The best thing you can do is take everything out all the shelves etc clean it out real good with bleach and water in the freezer and refrigerator and that should kill the smells.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks that will probably be the next step. Got to figure it out