Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My husband left an ink pen in his jacket now I have ink pen

Customer Question
My husband left an...
My husband left an ink pen in his jacket now I have ink pen all over the drum in my dryer. How am i GOING TO GET THIS OFF?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: iT'S A 2000 series . Maybe 6 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 11 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There are several things to try but for all the dryer should be unplugged or the breaker tripped. The mildest way is dishwashing liquid and a wet cloth. It will take a lot of rubbing. The other methods use more harsh treatment. Rubbing alcohol or nail polish which is acetone but rub off any residue and for all these you should run a load of old clothes or rags to help remove any residue. You will find that even if you don't completely remove the ink it will disappear over time. Just a suggestion but maybe have your husband do the rubbing? LOL!

Do you still need help?

Have you had a chance to try the cleaning? Do you still need help?

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave