Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

Whirlpool model wdf560safw just delivered, awaiting plumber

Customer Question

whirlpool model wdf560safw just delivered, awaiting plumber - how do I open the front door- front larch not operating
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: new - model/stlye # WDF560SAFW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, just wanted to open front door - ensure instruction book etc is inside
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I guess you have already determined I am not an appliance savvy person
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 7 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is the washer plugged in? Plug it in and press the power button for 3 seconds and then press cancel. Let me know what happens.

Let me update the info. There is no door lock on a dishwasher so the door should open by pulling it open. If it is not installed you will need someone to hld it while you pull the door or it tips over. It will pull open.

Do you still need help?