Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I just discovered my cooktop won't function and there is

Customer Question
Greetings, I just discovered my...
Greetings, I just discovered my cooktop won't function and there is electricity to the unit. Is there a fuse in the unit I need to replace?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Where is the thermostat?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know of.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
1/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and prepare your answer as I may need to look up part numbers, schematics, etc;

Thank you for your patience.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago

Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Kg 291 ca
Writing is fine.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago

is that a Gaggenau?

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 10 months ago

Ok in that case I will have to opt out and let another expert help you as I do not have not worked on many Gaggenau units so I will opt out so that a expert that has can help you with that, thanks.

John, Home Appliance Technician