Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Maytag bravos XL MEDB850YW: Apeared to overheat and shutoff.

Maytag bravos XL MEDB850YW: Apeared to overheat and shutoff. Outside was very hot to the touch. Unplugged and let dryer cool down. Checked vents and lint filter: all clear. Now cool to touch. Plugged back in. Displays powers up and timer counts down like running a cycle but the dryer never started. The timer counted down to 0 and beeper and light indicated Done, but the m
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MEDB850YW 5yrs old?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Have I described the problem to you? Clear explanation?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

so you either have a problem with your thermistor or your high limit thermostat. More than likely the thermostat.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WP3390719/0026/110.html

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WP8557403/0026/110.html

These parts can be tested with a multimeter if you have one. I do hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.