Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

MY BOSCH DISHWASHER (MOD# SHX4AP02UC/02) will at times run

Customer Question

MY BOSCH DISHWASHER (MOD# *****) will at times run fine and other times (more often) quickly cycles through its cycles and after about two minutes stops with a beep, claiming (according to the control panel, that it is done washing (red done light).
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: SHX4AP02UC/02. It is around 4 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It sounds like the drain pump, running dry is the first thing to fire when first starting, for about 30 seconds.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Does the unit only fill with a little water?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's rather inconsistent. Last night it we through the short cycles. I hit start again and opened the door at various times looking for water. After that, it started running what I believe to be the normal cycles. The rinse agent bin is dry. No jet dry.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

is it releasing detergent during these cycles?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
when it did the long cycles. It would not if the entir cycles took 2-5 minutes
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

it sounds like the problem may be with your control board. The fact that its so intermittent is the only thing that makes sense to me. Unfortunately this part can not be tested and can only be replaced to see if this solves your issue.