Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

May tag dryer mgd3500. Igniter glows and solenoid fires. But

May tag dryer mgd3500. Igniter glows and solenoid fires. But flame is not STRONG and goes out then on again. Checked and cleaned all exhaust vents .
Also,checked the thermal fuse for continuity was good.Changed solenoid , could it be the flame detector or something else. When running flame is on constantly puffing from behind ignition tube. Thank you

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is the gas supply to the machine adequate? Is it LP or NG supply?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No yes it,s more than adequate. Just noticed this problem.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
N.G.

So if the gas supply is okay and the solenoids have been replaced, that only leaves the valve as faulty. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

What is the full model number and the serial number, please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
May tag MDG 3500 BWW

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Did you replace the valve on your dryer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Price of the valve is $157. How sure are we that's the problem? Dryer is 12 years old. New one is approximately $400?

Only thing it can be unless the coils you bought are faulty, but that is not likely.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry Kelly was away. I see the coils opening and the gas being ignited by the ignitor. Guess I will get the valve,although I'm cautious
about the valve being faulty because it is releasing some gas. thanks for your help. can you send me the final billing info.
lary

The coils are working and the valve is opening, but either the gas supply to the valve is inadequate or the valve is not opening all the way. Those are the only two things that are going to cause a small flame. Please complete payment by rating 5 stars at the top of the page. You may post back at anytime.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey Kelly
Thanks so much. I'm confused? I went and paid you with the last e-mail. Did you receive my payment?
lary

I did, thank you. Are you getting emails?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I put a digital thermometer in the exhaust duct about three feet from the heat source. It took a while but got to 105 degrees? with all covers reinstalled on the unit. does that seem right? What is the manufacture advertised temperature?
lary
Sorry this will be the last question.

At the back of the dryer right where it exhausts out, you should see around an average of about 150* F.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm no where near that. I will replace the valve and keep you posted.
Thanks again
I'm too too old to be computerized!!!!
Thanks for your patience.

LOL, there is a learning curve, that's for certain! I require my kids to help with my smart phone! :-)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey Kelly
In the process of replacing the valve and after taking the valve out the ports don't match!! I also had to file bracket to fit new valve?????
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hey Kelly
Sorry, second go round. Outside wrench size of nut coupler changed but thread is the same. But, the bracket did need to have the hole filed open to accommodate the larger nut. 150 degrees instead of 105. Upon inspection of the vale ,I notice some "white " residue at the exit valve hole! Could that have been the cause of the problem???
Thanks again.
Hopefully your watching football or doing something else that's Fun!!!!

Anything that blocks flow of gas would be suspect, sure. Did you install a new valve?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yeah Kelly, installed the new valve and got full flame w/digital thermometer @160 degrees. After inspecting the old valve
I noticed some white residue and cleared it. The big question is should I go through the trouble to replace and hope that my repair is good. But,right now it's working great. thanks for your help!!! The bracket ,however did need to be filed and drilled to
accept the new valve.