Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The softner dispenser has water in it after it washes a

Customer Question

The softner dispenser has water in it after it washes a load.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I'll go check
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Here are the 2 numbers from the front of the washer - MHW5100WG
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: C43550103 it is close to 2 years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

First, check to make sure that your dispenser is draining properly and it isn't clogged. Clean out the dispenser and softener compartment. Pour a cup of water into the softener compartment quickly until it starts to overflow. It should then siphon the water out and if so that means the unit is definitely clean.

If you run a cycle and you still have problems, you need to replace your water valve. This valve has 3 solenoids on it and 1 of them is for the detergent, the other is for softener and bleach. Replace the valve and you should be good to go again. Below is a link to the assembly you'd need to order.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.