John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I just purchased maytag washer at lowes-2 23 2016.model

Customer Question

I just purchased maytag washer at lowes-2 23 2016.model mvwx655dwi. The sensor light is blinking, tub is not filling,lid is not locked.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I erred on purchase date it was 12 23 2016. model is MVWX655DW1, SERIAL,CA44 44860
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it is under warranty,brand new only 10 wash loads,purchased from Lowe s in ALBUQUERQUE,NM
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can t think of anything. I unplugged the machine thinking it might reset.It started sensor blinking again when i plugged it in.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

does the lid seem to be closing all the way?

And if it is under warranty you should contact whirlpool and set up a in home service call on the unit ,if you start to work on it you will void the units warranty.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This site is a big gimmicks to make money. I will not subscribe tito a further service.
Cancel my account and interest.