John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a GE Cafe Dual Fuel Range, model CR5980SE19155,

Customer Question

We have a GE Cafe Dual Fuel Range, model CR5980SE19155, Serial # DR204436P. 3 days ago the buttons for the oven, etc., stopped working. Following the directions in my "manual", I first checked to see if any switches on my electric panel had been thrown...No. I've now waited 3 full days for the panel to reset. Nothing works, except for the clock, the lower oven and the burners. What do I do now?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Some sauce got spilled on it, but I believe it is: CR5980SE??1SS. Can only guess where the '?' marks are. Range is about 7 - 8 years old...I'm getting so old that I cannot remember when we bought it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That would only make whatever is wrong worse! So the answer is NO!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, at my age, actually speaking with someone on the phone is so much easier than this computer stuff.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided.
Thanks

May I ask that double check that model number, it is not coming up on my database.

The number is ***** down by the drawer on the leg of the oven