Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My machine is about 12 years old and recently I had to turn

Customer Question

My machine is about 12 years old and recently I had to turn off the power during a wash cycle. Now the machine keeps stopping during a wash cycle. The stop pause button flashes but if I press it it just keeps flashing. I have to turn the machine of and restart but the same thing happens again.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The machine is nearly 12 years old and the model number is ***** 8121
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is just a simple problem then yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No not really thats all the problem is and the machine still runs but trying to finish a load of washing is really getting annoying.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. From the sounds of it your timer is the issue. You can try cancelling the program and see if that helps. If not then I believe your unit is going to need a new timer.

Program interruption or pause To interrupt the running programm for a certain period and continue it at a later time: 1. 2. Following the desired pause press the “Start/Pause” button once again. Cancelling the program If the current program is to be terminated prematurely and cancelled, the water must be pumped out first before the door can be opened: 1. The spin indicator shows “0” and the remaining time indicator (if available) shows “0:02” minutes. 2. Press the “Start/Pause” button in order to start the “Drain” program.