Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I've replaced the thermal limit fuse in my brothers gas

Customer Question

I've replaced the thermal limit fuse in my brothers gas dryer 2 times in the last month. Dryer model FAQG7001LW1. Fuse part ####-##-#### Vent is short and clean with only 2 bends. Had the drum out, machine is clean thru and thru. It's installed in a closet with about 10" around it. What am I missing? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

If the dryer is blowing the thermal fuse and you're sure the vent is clear, you either have a bad thermistor or a bad control board not controlling the temperature properly. The thermistor is mounted to the blower wheel housing and below is a link to the part. The thermistor should read 50k ohms at 77 degrees if it's good. If not, then replace the thermistor. If it does read good then you'd need to replace the main control board.

CLICK HERE for thermistor

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.