Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung refrig. The icemaker auger will not rotate.

Customer Question

I have a Samsung refrig. The icemaker auger will not rotate. Is it worth taking it apart to try to free it up? A replacement is $88. Thanks
JA: The Appliance Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: RFG297AABP About8 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yup
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Guess not
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Get a new one they fail and seize and melt all the time, you need a new one to fix it 100%

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated....HAPPY HOLIDAYS!