Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My dryer runs for 2 minutes then the lights on the front

Customer Question

my dryer runs for 2 minutes then the lights on the front just start flashing is the the heating coil or the control board?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Frigidaire FAQE7073KR0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The 3 cycle status and the window where the time just has a light going around the window
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

it sounds like the problem is within the heating element itself. Since the dryer will run but only for two minutes its shutting off because its not heating up.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

This is the heating element for your unit.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Frigidaire-Dryer-Heating-Element/137114000/1531129?modelNumber=FAQE7073KR0&ss=a8b2i180d706474&mr=1

I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so i am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.