John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Whirlpool gas dryer model number GGQ8858JQ0. I am

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have a Whirlpool gas dryer model number GGQ8858JQ0. I am not a technician, but am a mech engr and handy with tools. The dryer stopped heating [it is about 16 years old, I am told]. Have replaced: the igniter, sensor, high level thermostat, and the two coils. Thought that would do it. Drum turns but the igniter does not glow. Believe that power is not getting to the igniter [have not checked with multi-meter]. Have reviewed many utubes, and believe that next step should be to check fuse [Where is fuse located on my dryer?]. How do I check for power going to igniter? All help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Glen Moulder
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Am told about 16 years. Model is GGQ8858JQ0.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. Not tech, but engineer handy with tools.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yesterday replaced: igniter, sensor, coils and high temp thermostat. Believe problem is power getting to igniter.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

The fuse is number 59 in the diagram at the link below. It is mounted on the blower housing. Can you test it for continuity?

CLICK HERE