Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dish washermachine live detergent residue in dishes after

Customer Question

My dish washermachine live detergent residue in dishes after a washing cycle. Tried vinegar several times, no improvement. Noticed the holes of the washing blades clogged. Picking them got a lot of thickened string like detergent clumped. Any suggestions?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Whirlpool, 2006. ModelDU1055XTPS4
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Thing about it. Saw how to in Utube
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The washing cycle runs, but detergent is stuck on most of dishes. We have to rinse all over at the end of the cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

That stringy detergent like build up are actually meat fibers if it's greyish in color. You'll want to clean out what you can with a toothbrush, then run a cycle with a product called Dishwasher Magic which you can order online or pick up at Lowes. That will clean everything out inside the dishwasher. White vinegar is sort of the home remedy and it doesn't really work other than hard water.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.