Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

While I was cleaning the oven, the microwave was on for a

Customer Question

While I was cleaning the oven, the microwave was on for a short time , then the microwave went dark. Have I broken the microwave?
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: The model is JMC8127DDS Make is Jenn Air 1000 watts and it is 10 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Are you seeing any type of error code within the display?

And after the oven cooled down from self clean did the microwave come back on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There is nothing lit on the microwave and the oven has cooled. I also tried the breaker box, no success.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No

ok with out a meter to be able to do any testing is is impossible for me to be able to tell you what is wrong with the unit without being there .

It could be a number of things .i suggest you call for a in home service call because you do not have the tools to do any repair work on the unit.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok how much was this

I did not give you an answer nor send you a rating request so there is no charge.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.