Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

The washer has not been emptying properly extend spin worked

Customer Question

The washer has not been emptying properly extend spin worked pretty well but today we got a DC code and decided to out a new pump in that we had gotten a few years ago only to find a nickel b bocking it. Now it just didn't spin or drain at all. NO code but a faint hum
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's an 05 or so Maytag neptune
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's sounds easy enough
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Would it be to do with the pump or electrical
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We are changing the motor from the old one to the new pump. Motor worked before.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The motor on the new pump was bad...after storing in a shed for several years. We hooked the old motor onto the new pump and it works just fine....thank-you for responding but I think we are done.

ok you stated that we were done but then you have requested a phone call ,,do you still need a phone call?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I thought it was saying I had to click 'call me'. So no you do not have to call me but it there are any issues related that I should look for just let me know but my washer is working fine at this time.

ok if it did not work but once you removed it then it did and is working i would have to suspect it was a loose connection on the motor wire harness.

And by removing the wires and putting them on it now works.