John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a kitchenaid built in microwave/oven unit. I had a

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid built in microwave/oven unit. I had a repairman diagnose that the fuse on the control board is blown, causing the digital panel to stay black. The only thing that does anything, is the microwave light. It was manufactured in 2006 and I was told there are no parts available. What I want to know is where to get the proper fuse to fix the board.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Just to complicate things, the inside label was removed. It was manufactured in 2006. The board will be removed in the next day or so, and I'm hoping there are part numbers on the board.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The repair man that is pulling it out, will also put it back. If I found the right fuse, he would also do that.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm not following the last question Shouldn't I wait until I have the board out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the microwave door the model /serial tag should be on the inner face frame