John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag HAD super size/quiet series 200/12 cycles

Customer Question

I have a Maytag HAD super size/quiet series 200/12 cycles gas dryer that I had the pulley and belt replaced on...After that it started heating and not heating
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model. # MDG4806AWW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe 6-7 yrs old?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My husband would probably be the one...
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's a "HD" not HAD. Sorry
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

and Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

And can you tell me where in the cycle does it heat and where in the cycle does it not heat?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will have to ask my husband about the OHM meter......There is no consistency to where it heats or not....Just whenever it wants it seems.

ok just from what your saying it sounds as if you have a loose electrical connection some where either to the unit or in the unit.

Possible it is a thermostat but not very likely if it is very erratic .

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We will take it apart this weekend sometime and try to find the problem. From your suggestions. Thanks...Will get back to you after we look for those possible problems

no problem if you find that you need any part numbers just let me know!