Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Started the washing cycle, I pushed the cancel button by

Customer Question

Started the washing cycle, I pushed the cancel button by mistake, it drained the water out but now I can't get it to start back up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Press the cancel button again and the control should go dark. Will it start a new cycle then?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sir that didn't work
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

So is the control all dark now?

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Cancel still turn the drain pump on?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Surface is dark, hit the cancel/drain button, went thru drain cycle and screen is dark. Pressed buttons to start wash and it still won"t start.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a kenmore model 665
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

There are eight more numbers after the 665 that I will need, please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
13213K901
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need.

CLICK HERE

Access to replace that is gained by opening the door and removing the screws from around the inside door and separating the panels. The ribbon connector unplugs from the main control.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.