Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do you release the door handle on GE model GDE21DSKAKSS

Customer Question

How do you release the door handle on GE model GDE21DSKAKSS after it has been snapped into place ? We are changing hadle to open on opposite side
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's brand new and model is gde21 dskakss
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes we are doing it now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope don't believe so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

A sharp jerk upward should release the handle from the mounting posts. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yip it worked
Expert:  Kelly replied 8 months ago.

Excellent!

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.