Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Why does warsher bleach dispencer have water standing after

Customer Question

why does warsher bleach dispencer have water standing after wash cycle is finished?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model hav2558aww maytag 2yr 6mo.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If the bleach dispenser still has standing water in it after the cycle, then the hose between the tub and the dispenser or the dispenser itself is partially clogged so you'll need to take the front and top panel apart and access the hose and dispenser to clean it out until it drains properly. To get inside the washer you need a putty knife. There are 2 hidden metal spring clips between the top panel and the front panel about 5 inches from the right and left sides. Slide the putty knife in the seam between the top and front panel and push back on these metal spring clips. Now you can hinge the top panel up and backwards.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?