Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Need instructions to do a self cleaning of my Whirlpool

Customer Question

Need instructions to do a self cleaning of my Whirlpool Super capacity 465 electric range
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 14 years old but in great working condition
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Misplaced my manual and just need step by step instructions. It's been at least 3 years since I used it last because I clean it myself after each use.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information. The tag is behind the lower drawer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
don't know the number. Its an Accubake system Ceran top approximately 14 years old, builder installed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All I want is the page or section of the manual with instructions to operate self cleaning option on my oven range. No technical problem or issue.
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

With no model, I can only give you basic instructions. So, remove the racks and close the door. Press CLEAN, then it will allow you to adjust the cleaning time,. typically defaulting to 3 hours. Once you adjust time to desired length, simply press START. It should begin cleaning and unlock after, but only when cooled. So, if you select a 3 hour clean time, expect about 4 hours for the door to open.

Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Got the answer and a charge for $28 charge to my VISA account. I authorized the $5 charge, why the additional $23???
Expert:  Kelly replied 9 months ago.

I have no account access so I cannot see the charges. You set the question value at the onset.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
your simple instructions cost me $28! Your honor system was misleading. I submitted my rating so what is the amount of my refund??