John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I HAVE A GE ELECTRIC REFRIGRATOR THAT KEEPS CLICKING ON THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A GE ELECTRIC REFRIGRATOR THAT KEEPS CLICKING ON THE BACK SIDE SOUNDS LIKE A BLINKER SWITCH ON A CAR CONSTANTLY GOING OFF AND ALSO MY REGRIRATOR SIDE IS WARMER THAN IT NORMALLY IS BUT THE FREEZER SIDE IS WORKING PERFECT WHAT DO YOU THINK IS WRONG WITH IT ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Also, do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
BSS25JSRF SS
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Ok thank you, ***** ***** also need more info.

QUOTE:

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I have heavy frost on top and medium all the way down
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Is the fan above the coils running? It sounds like it's not running based on that description?