Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I disassemble my dryer mde308daayw and find out why

Customer Question

how do I disassemble my dryer mde308daayw and find out why not heating
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: maytag mde308dayw quite series 110 age ???? got used
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: worked well until yesterday and stopped heating
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So first, the element is located in the lower back left corner of this dryer. You'll need to remove the front panel and take the drum out to access the thermostat, fuse, and heater. To access the dryer, first pull it forward and unplug the dryer. Use a putty knife to slide into the seam between the front panel and top panel. There are 2 hidden metal spring clips about 5 inches from the right and left side edges. Push back on these hidden metal spring clips and the top panel will hinge up and backwards. Now you can remove the screws coming from the inside of the dryer going into the front panel on the right and left side. The front panel will then hinge forward and down and pull off.

At this point you can see the front drum support and the internals of the dryer. Remove the 4 screws (one in each corner) on the front drum support and pull the support off. Not the way the dryer belt is routed around the motor and tensioner pulley and take a picture if you want to be sure to route it properly when you re-install. Next, disconnect the belt and pull the drum out. You'd need a multimeter to test continuity through the heater, thermostat, and fuse to see which one has failed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?