Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

A pot boiled dry n my new glass top leaving a outline of the

Customer Question

a pot boiled dry n my new glass cook top leaving a white outline of the pot. I have tried cleaning with Weiman heavy duty glass coop top but it is not working to remove the spot.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a kitchen aid cook top not a dryer.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Whatever it takes to get the job done
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: brand new item only a couple of weeks old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Unfortunately this is not something you can clean I'm afraid. When a pot boils dry, the cooktop overheats and tiny pieces of ceramic in the top cooktop pop off giving a rough surface which is why you get a white outline. You can try to smooth it out as best as possible using soap and a very sharp razor blade at a slight angle to scrap the top as best you can. Other than that, the only way to make it look new again would be to replace the entire glass top.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?