Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a ge stove. When I bake it is very uneven- bottom is

Customer Question

I have a ge stove. When I bake it is very uneven- bottom is dark and top has barely turned.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 7 years- model JBP66WOH1WW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My husband is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Worked great until about 3 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like your bake element has went bad on you and will need to be replaced.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Range-Stove-Oven-Bake-Element/WB44T10011/820921?modelNumber=JBP66WH2WW&ss=a13b3d615195&mr=1

This is the part for your unit. There are also videos on how to test and replace this part as well if you need them.

I do hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.