Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do i remove the fan from the motor on a dryer? Bosch

Customer Question

How do i remove the fan from the motor on a dryer?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosch model # WTMC332SUS/02
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes maybe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Which way do I turn the nut to release the fan from the motor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

It sounds like you have already taken the dryer apart to access the blower wheel on the fan motor which is great because that is by far the most time consuming part usually. The blower wheel is reverse thread so you need to turn the wheel CLOCKWISE, and hold the motor shaft or turn the motor shaft counter clockwise. Hopefully you haven't been turning it the wrong way or that can make it very difficult to remove once it gets really tightened up. Be sure to use a 6 point socket on the blower wheel because if you use a 12 point socket the wheel will definitely strip out. I use channel locks to grab the shaft of the motor so it can't turn.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?