Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a bosch range that the control doesn't work through

Customer Question

I have a bosch range that the control doesn't work through the glass but when you take it out it works fine on the control board fine
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have model #
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HES7062u-01
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is the $24 in addition to what I have already been charged
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Are you talking about a phone call? Yes, that's an option the site offers but not something I sent you--it is an additional $24 if you wanted to do that instead.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just tell me what to me look for
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So to be clear, what you're saying is that the display board works normally and responds like normal if you uninstall it from the control panel and turn the knob and such but it doesn't work when you have it installed?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
everything works when board is out and you are not using glass front
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

OK that means that your touch sensor modules aren't sending out as much electric signal as they used to to go through the glass anymore. Usually that's due to the capacitors on the board starting to go out of range, either way the display board itself would need to be replaced to fix this issue and it's part number 00653424.