Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher won't stop running PLD4375RFC0, How to run

Customer Question

My dishwasher won't stop running PLD4375RFC0
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: How to run diagnostic test cycle?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Does the dishwasher stop running if you end the cycle?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I didn't try ending the cycle but once it gets to this state of not stopping, nothing I push will stop it. All of the lights on the LED screen are on, no specific error code is given though.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In other words, I ran the "ultimate scrub" cycle which takes 2.5 hours, and it was still running the next morning.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Btw I've already replaced the control board.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It seemed to clear the errors and run okay, but then it went into this state of not stopping and not letting me cancel or restart.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Nothing else would cause your problem other than the control board or the control panel for this issue if it won't even stop when you push any buttons. I would probably return the board and get a new one and tell them it came defective. If it still won't work then you need a new control panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I was wrong. It will cancel out of a cycle. Could something else be bad perhaps?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

There still isn't anything on this dishwasher that would cause it to run forever other than the control board or if the dishwasher isn't heating so you could test the thermostat and heater for continuity and if one doesn't have continuity then replace that---otherwise you're still looking at a bad control board.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Interesting - I ran a normal cycle with "air dry" selected and it ran and completed fine so I am thinking you are onto something with the heater coil possibly being bad. I will check it for continuity. However, with the dishwasher just at rest and closed, it went into the error state without even starting a cycle. Any ideas on that or you still think it's the control board? Also the only thermostat I see on the parts lists is the overheating thermostat that only trips if things overheat. Is there another one I am not aware of?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

That is the only thermostat yes. But check the thermostat and the heater and if both check good with continuity then replace the board. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.