Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Can I use an iron pan to on my ceramic top Gaggenaux?

Customer Question

Can I use an iron pan to cook on my ceramic top Gaggenaux?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Haven't had a problem but a friend said using iron pan could break to top
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No work. Am just asking simple question: is it OK to cook with an iron pan on a Gaggenaux ceramic top grill? Yes or o?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Waiting
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

So the issue with using an iron pan is that it can scratch the ceramic top. So you need to check the surface of the cookware and if it's rough enough to scratch the top you won't want to use it. Functionally it'll work fine but it'll scratch the top.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?