Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I HAVE A SAMSUNG FREEZER/REFRIGERATOR. THE PANEL ON THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A SAMSUNG FREEZER/REFRIGERATOR. THE PANEL ON THE FREEZER DOOR HAS LOST ALL NUMBERS ETC. IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING MAKING ICE & DISPENSING ICE & WATER, BUT PANEL HAS LOST ALL ITS NUMBERS. THERE WAS A POWER OUTAGE HERE THIS AM ABOUT 5 AM. I HAVE A GENERAC GENERATOR SYSTEM SO IT WAS ONLY OFF LESS THAN A MINUTE. WHEN I CAME IN FROM WORK I NOTICED THE PANEL BEING DARK. PUSHING BUTTONS DOES NOTHING. THIS OUTAGE WAS A PRETTY WIDE SPREAD OUTAGE AND NOT JUST ME. CAN YOU HELP ME ON THIS?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: IT IS MODEL RS267LBSH SERIAL 636643CPB005 18A. I DO NOT FIND WHEN IT WAS BOUGHT, BUT BEST GUESTIMATE AROUND 15 YEARS.,
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: NOT SURE, I LIVE ALONE & AM POWER CHAIR CONFINED PRETTY MUCH & 77 YEARS OLD. CAN'T DO LIFTING. IT HAS POWER BECAUSE THE INSIDE LIGHTS COME ON & ICE & WATER DISPENSER WORKS
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NOT THAT I CAN THINK OF.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. It sounds like what happened when your power outage happened is your front panel control board went out. These things do happen. I was able to find your part for you that you will need to install and its not hard to do either.

https://www.encompassparts.com/item/7107838/Samsung/DA41-00395A/Assembly_Pcb_Kit_Led

I do hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.