Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

We have a kenmore, model #596.66032600. and the motor is

Customer Question

Hi. We have a kenmore, model #596.66032600. and the motor is running but the fridge is running warm as is the freezer do we need to have it repaired or can we attempt this on our own
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model number is ***** per the back sticker 66032
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: but the inside of the fridge says 596.66032600 with a serial number of 10779180LA well if we can but we are beginner repair people so we do hire if it's out of our scope
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think it's 1988 but I can't see a date, just that's in one of the barcode numbers
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We've already unplugged it to defrost it in case the condenser (?) coils are over iced. We are now looking at what we should think about doing next before calling a repair man
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Attached are the model number stickers if that helps.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. When you say the motor is running are you referring to the compressor located in the back? The black pot thing? If so is it running really hot? Its a possibility that the unit may need to be charged which in fact will need a repair person to come out and do but lets look at other possibilities at first. Check the compressor to see if its running really hot and we will go from there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We can't even open the back panel without a hex wrench set, rather than buy that to check on a fridge that will likely need repair anyways, we opted to book to have a repairman come out instead.thanks
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

yeah sometimes the screws they use can be a pain to remove. Hopefully the repair person doesn't over charge you. I hope you have a good night.