Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Change filter on amana frigator, asd2522wrb06, yes, how to

Customer Question

change filter on amana frigator
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: asd2522wrb06
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how to remove the filter
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

To remove the filter, all you should need to do is open the freezer door and push the button to the left of the filter 3" circle cut out in the bottom vent panel. That should pop the filter out. If that for some reason isn't working, you're filter receptacle is failing and would need to be replaced. You would need to remove the bottom grille along the bottom of your refrigerator, turn the water off, and unscrew the filter housing. You can try to force the filter out by grabbing it with pliers since the housing needs to be replaced anyways if you can't get the filter out there is no harm if the housing is damaged trying to remove the filter.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?