Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Panasonic genius prestige microwave that suddenly

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic genius prestige microwave that suddenly stop working. When I attempt to turn it on it will light up but you can't here it run and then cut off after 2 or 3 seconds.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is a Panasonic genius prestige and I believe it is about 4 or 5 years old I am not sure of the model but I believe it is the largest counter top they make. It was purchased from Sams Club in Farmington MI.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just started yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I the light stayed on even when the door was closed if that helps, I really had to close it firmly before the light went out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

If you don't hear any sounds when you turn the microwave on and it shuts off after 2-3 seconds, that means that your microwave thinks the door isn't securely shut. There are 3 door switches and if one of them isn't working properly, then you get this condition. You'll need to take the microwave apart and test the door switches with a multimeter to know which door switch needs to be replaced, but below is a video on how to actually test the switches. Access is probably different on your model than in the video, but that isn't the point of the video. Testing the switches is exactly the same.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello Tyler I am not satisfied with the viewing of the video because my microwave is totally different. I need direct verbal input while opening the appliance. Please respond as to how I can cancel the just answer fee of $5.00, because the way this site is setup it appears that continuing charges will be deducted from my card and had I been informed before they switched me to you I would have refused this service. I would like to rate you with 3 stars or better, however, I have had some shady dealings in the pass with this type of online service.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 months ago.

have a nice day.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No because it is telling me if I click ok I will be charged an additional amount of $24.00. This is exactly why I don't want this service. So my rating for you right now is two stars
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please respond now by telling me how the $5.00 good faith amount deducted from my account will be credited back to me.