Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The sparker will not stop, one hour, yes, no

Customer Question

the sparker will not stop
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: one hour
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
cgr37442cdc
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

OK perfect, thank you. So when the sparker keeps sparking even when the burners are turned off, it means that your oven thinks one of the burner switches is shorted or turned on behind the burner knob. Now if you think there is any way one of these switches could have got wet, just unplug the oven and wait 24 hours to allow the switch to dry off. Usually that will fix the issue. If that doesn't then you will plug the oven back in and if it keeps sparking, turn all the cooktop burners on. If the clicking stops then turn each burner off one at a time until it starts clicking again and the switch behind that burner needs to be replaced. If the clicking doesn't stop with all the burners on, your spark module has failed and will need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?