John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Jenn Air fridge I bought used. When I plug it in

Customer Question

I have a Jenn Air fridge I bought used. When I plug it in the display looks like the pictures I posted. I asked a question on here to see what was wrong and the expert told me to replace the control board/display. I just spent $300 and replaced it and it still comes up with the same thing. He saidthe board needs programmed, but his instructions didnt work. What are the steps to programming the board? I wonder if the first board just needed programmed. Model number JFI2089WES4
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I see no attachment for a photo that you say you have posted!

Once the control board is programmed it NEVER needs reprogramming again for that appliance.

Here are the steps to program the new high voltage control board .

Programming Mode: NOTE:

The Program Code is located on the Serial Plate on this unit after the word Code.

1. Press and hold the WATER Keypad.

2. Press and hold LL Keypad.

3. Release the WATER Keypad and wait 3 seconds.

4. The control will display PE to indicate the programming mode.

5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the LL Keypad once more.

6. The control will display the current Program CODE. This value should be validated with the Program CODE printed on the unit serial plate.

NOTE: If the Program CODE is correct, the Programming Mode is exited by pressing water Keypad for 3 seconds.

7. Press the UR Keypad or LR Keypad to change the digit value with each key press.

8. The decimal point indicates the selected digit. Press the UL Keypad to select the next digit.

9. Once the desired Program CODE is entered, press and hold the LL Keypad until the Program CODE begins flashing indicating it has been saved.

NOTE: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program CODE the control will not save the new code, but will beep. (The unit will NOT run with a Program CODE of 0000). Once the Program CODE has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by pressing any key or by opening or closing the refrigerator door. If the new code is incorrect this process should be repeated.

The Programming mode can be exited at any time by pressing WATER key for 3 seconds or will exit if unattended for four minutes.

If you have any questions just reply back to me!