Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My neptune washer loss power. I had just completed a load

Customer Question

my neptune washer loss power. I had just completed a load and went to do another one. and there was no power. I left it unplugged overnight plugged it back and and tap the button the board lit up and slowly faded away. could it be the circuit board
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: maytag neptune mah6700aww
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: about 6 years old and yes if its something simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that is it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Only 2 things can cause the washer to act completely dead if your washer is definitely getting power from your house. Run an extension cord to the washer to make sure it's getting power, if it still won't turn on you need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now follow the power cord coming in from the back of the washer. You'll need a multimeter to test power at the device where the power cord plugs into. This is called the "noise filter" and it has 110 volts going into the filter from the power cord and should have 110 volts coming out. If you have 110 volts going into the filter and not coming out, you need to replace the noise filter. If you have 110 volts coming out of the filter, then you need to replace the main control board I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.